Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Every time I order vitamins--which is about once a month--I can't help but order something for funsies, too. Usually it's nail polish and candy, but sometimes it's something even MORE exciting--like white chocolate chips! So when I got my white chocolate chips I thought, what goes well with white chocolate? Macadamia nuts, of course! And who loves macadamia nuts? My mom! So I saved them for Mother's Day.


The cookies at the left are the Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Walnut Cookies from Veganomicon, with the white chocolate chips and chopped macadamia nuts subbing in for the obvious. The cookies at the right are, again, Dreena's beloved Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies, with white chocolate chips subbed in and the addition of about a 1/2 C of chopped macadamia nuts.

Conclusion? They were both pretty yummy--but the vanilla version was absolutely out of this world. There's also a chance I may have ever so slightly overbaked the chocolate--only by a minute or so, but still--but in any case, the usually-amazing chocolate cookies just couldn't hold a candle to the vanilla.

Check them out, in their little boxes, just waiting to be UPS'd! My mom said they were delicious. But then again, she's my mom and that's her job.

No comments:

Post a Comment